After posting, sharing and talking with folks over Instagram, we wanted to make it easier and give an overview of the 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 we did some simple modifications to!
Our team at Team4Runner has done a series of 4Runner and Tacoma builds, some much simpler than others. This last one we did was for a dear friend and photographer out of Lincoln, NE.
To make things short and simple, here is what we did following with some photos from before and after.
- 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium
- Super White
- We dumped the SR5 wheels and installed the new Black Rhino Roku’s in Gun Black, courtesy of RSG Off Road in Denver, CO. We had them balanced and road tested and realized with the offset this wheel is, it will require some minor trimming if you don’t have upgraded suspension or leveling kit already installed. (suspension coming soon) (tires coming soon)
- Wheels: $820 (4 wheels)
- Labor: $90 for mount and balance
- Next we stripped the roof and painted the factory OEM Toyota roof rack matte black, followed by mounting 3 Rhino Rack Vortex SX cross bars in Black, a easy mount and install to the factory Toyota rails.
- Paint: $20 for high quality matte black spray paint. After thoroughly sanding and brushing the cross rails shine off, simply prime and paint 3-5 coats.
- RhinoRack: $439 for 2 bars set
- Next we installed the Freespirit Recreation Adventure Series Hardshell Automatic to the Rhino Rack cross bars, again and easy install!
- $2,100, install instructions and parts included
- We then swapped the grille out for a TRDpro grille and black TRDpro valence.
- $800.00 from Groove Toyota Denver, CO
- We installed the NOX LUX 4Runner Black Out Kit. This kit is Made In The US and is a Plastic Black Emblem Overlay in Matte Black. Instead of taking off your factory emblems and plasti-dipping them, it is a safe and easy way to guarantee the great “Black Out” look.
- $100 from RSG Off Road
- Last but not least we added some finishing touches including some Team4Runner stickers and patches!
- Other modifications & accessories include 4Runner all-weather floor mats & WizGear phone mount
This build was aimed to create a look-alike TRDpro while adding some higher grade products to set the stage for suspension, tires and armor in the near future!
Big thanks to Wyn Wiley Photo!